You can travel for years and still miss some of the incredible sights that the planet continues to change in one way or another. It’s hard to pick a city that has everything in terms of good weather, interesting attractions, quick travel time. So picking countries to visit is a process that involves research, conversations, and enough leisure time to enjoy what those countries offer.
That being said, here are five countries that won’t disappoint you in 2018.
1. Chile. Chile is in South America but the Andes Mountains keep it hidden from the rest of the continent. The Pacific Ocean is the country’s western border. And the city of Santiago lives up to its reputation as the “land of the poets.” The works of Gabriela Mistral and Pablo Neruda are still alive and well in Chile.
2. South Korea. A visit to Seoul is a visit to modern-day Asia. The new Seoul-lo 7017 is a high-line park that has libraries, bars, cafes, and some of the finest Kimchi in the country.
3. Portugal. Portugal used to be the stepchild of Spain, but that’s ancient history. Lisbon is a cultural center as well as the launching point for the country’s beach destination, Algarve.
4. New Zealand. Australia is not the only place down under. New Zealand is the perfect country for adventure seekers.
5. Malta Malta’s lifestyle is almost too good to be true. It is the European capital of culture. The various international film festivals give the country a touch of modern culture that’s hard to ignore.